| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| ET&WNC 208 https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23600 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | bobyar2001 [ Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | ET&WNC 208 |
Switching at Elizabethton, TN in August 1960: http://abpr2.railfan.net/abprphoto.cgi? ... TN8-60.jpg One of the two RS3s Southern Railway traded for the 207 and 208: http://abpr2.railfan.net/abprphoto.cgi? ... -73CGP.jpg |
|
| Author: | p51 [ Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:58 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: ET&WNC 208 |
That's 207, former Southern 630, and went back to that number with the SRR steam program. The photo looks like the North American Rayon siding, where there was a Porter Fireless 0-6-0 (North American Rayon # 1) still working the interchange. The grad crossing behind the tank cars is for the driveway into the office area of the plant, which is largely gone today. 630 is still around, at Chattanooga pending restoration. I was lucky enough to get a cab ride on her in 1982 (I think) at TVRM. The Porter is still around as well. I was lucky enough to get a cab hop in that engine as well, about the same timeframe as my 630 cab ride. My folks are from Elizabethton, so I know the area very well. RS-3s #209 and 210 were both Central of Georgia engines. They wound up stored outside of Elizabethton for some time. 209 was scrapped but 210 is also at Chattanooga, and will probably be restored in it's former C of G livery. I have some photos of both of them on the dead line around my house somewhere, taken in the early 1980s. Here are links on those engines I mentioned, 630 and Porter # 1: http://www.steamlocomotive.info/valbum.cfm?display=1140 http://www.steamlocomotive.info/vlocomo ... splay=1145 |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|