| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| System Outtage https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23610 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | steaminfo [ Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | System Outtage |
I'd like to offer visitors to rypn.org our sincere apologies. The server carrying the Interchange rebooted at 12:48 CDT and the database server did not automatically restart as it should have. What should have been a two minute outtage stretched to about 42 minutes. Our on-duty network engineer was working from home and didn't realize, until I called him, that he had no internet connectivity because of the storms last night. Soooo.....what should have been a short outtage stretched to 42 minutes while he drove into the datacenter and fixed the problem. Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience. Regards, Doug Bailey |
|
| Author: | Fitz [ Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: System Outtage |
I don't know what you did, Doug, but access seems a lot quicker today. Anyone else note that? |
|
| Author: | Alexander D. Mitchell IV [ Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: System Outtage |
I don't get service that good from my locally-based ISP, and it's been hit with more outages than you have in the past five years. Of course, we do throw them more money, and we use/abuse them more than I abuse you, so........ |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|