Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Soo Line/Koppers 353
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23638
Page 1 of 1

Author:  bobyar2001 [ Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:26 am ]
Post subject:  Soo Line/Koppers 353

Appears to be stored at the Minnesota Transfer roundhouse (not sure if it is in Minneapolis or St. Paul), where the MTM group kept their stuff for a time, here in June 1966.

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/misc-u/unk-s353aps.jpg

Author:  elauterbach [ Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Soo Line/Koppers 353

Is this engine still around? If where?
Thanks,
Eric

Author:  Dennis Storzek [ Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Soo Line/Koppers 353

It's been at the Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion, Rollag, MN for at least the last dozen years. It runs once a year, I believe, on this insular operation.

Author:  steaminfo [ Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Soo Line/Koppers 353

Dennis Storzek wrote:
It's been at the Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion, Rollag, MN for at least the last dozen years. It runs once a year, I believe, on this insular operation.


See the excellent Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion website at:

http://www.rollag.com

353 does indeed run for the four-day Labor Day weekend each year, and according to some reports at their "Steam School" in July. Not sure about that though. It is a great operation and well worth the visit.

More information on the locomotive:

http://www.steamlocomotive.info/vlocomotive.cfm?Display=688

Don't forget to click the Photo Album button on the above page for more photos.

Somewhere I've got shots of this locomotive and her sister, 346 at the Koppers yard in Minneapolis in the 1960's. When I find 'em, I'll put them on line.

Regards,
Doug

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/