Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Trains print "Cab Forwards Meet in the Desert" Ear
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23646
Page 1 of 1

Author:  hjebone [ Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Trains print "Cab Forwards Meet in the Desert" Ear

I am looking for a reasonably priced copy of "Cab Forwards Meet in the Desert" print, sold in a set of prints by Kalmbach in the early 1960s. No web hits, not even sure of the artist. Anyone have any leads? Thanks.

Author:  Howard P. [ Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trains print "Cab Forwards Meet in the Desert"

Artist was George Gloff, long-time Kalmbach staff artist, as I recall. Nice use of light and perspective in that painting.

The prints can't be that uncommon-- have you watched E-bay?

Author:  hjebone [ Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Trains print "Cab Forwards Meet in the Desert"

Thanks. I check EBay periodically, but no luck yet. Should have bought the set back in the day!!!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/