Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Elk River Coal & Lumber
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23653
Page 1 of 1

Author:  bobyar2001 [ Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Elk River Coal & Lumber

No. 17 looking good, probably for visitors, in 1958. It later operated briefly on the Livonia, Avon & Lakeville in NY, but was cut up about 1970.

http://abpr2.railfan.net/abprphoto.cgi? ... -31-58.jpg

Author:  John Bohon [ Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Elk River Coal & Lumber

The washout plug in the lower front corner of the tender makes me think this may be the one that survives behind BC&G 4. Actually the tender is behind 2 differeent engines right now. I think the tender frame with the new welded tank was used for the cosmetic restoration of 542 and is behind that engine until the overhaul of the 4 is complete. The old tank is on the frame of the ACL ten wheeler number 1031. Did I get this right or am I thinking of the wrong tender entirely?

John Bohon

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/