| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Railway Express Agency Paint Colors https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23973 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Stephen S. Syfrett [ Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:08 am ] |
| Post subject: | Railway Express Agency Paint Colors |
Thronateeska Heritage Center has 4 REA baggage carts that need to be restored. I would very much appreciate any current paint codes for PPG, ICI, Dupont or other national brand paint to get the proper green and red for these carts. If no codes, then the best recommendation to get as close as possible. Three of the carts are the large-diameter steel wheel type, but one is the newer rubber-tired type. Suggestions regarding what parts to paint what colors will also be appreciated. Thanks. |
|
| Author: | Joe Magruder [ Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Railway Express Agency Paint Colors |
Don Meehan has recently restored an REA baggage cart at the Western Railway Museum. I believe that we had the paint made up using the colors on a model REA truck that several knowledgeable members believed was accurate. |
|
| Author: | fltenwheeler [ Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Railway Express Agency Paint Colors |
Hi I have the following numbers. Green Dark DuPont 83-4474 DuPont 6202 or PPG 40386 1954 "Many liken this color to Hunter Green" Sherwin-Williams F-40GC-14 1957 "Candy Apple Green" I have an old Dupont color chip for REA green. I would have to fine my box of paint information. Tim |
|
| Author: | Bob Kutella [ Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:23 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Railway Express Agency Paint Colors |
This week we recieved a new donation of a two wheeled hand truck, used in a station and supposedly REA. Not much paint left on it, and badly soiled, scuffed, and chipped. But the lower area clearly dark green, and red trim/handles. Of course I have no match or paint numbers, and perhaps the best I could do would be to try to clean some of the areas and snap some digital pics. But how true are electronic pics for color and on whose computer? Sorry, not much help, but the old relic is fascinating. Bob Kutella |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|