It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Western Coal & Coke #1 rebuild news, how bout it Jason..
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:06 am 

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:34 pm
Posts: 966
Jason, I don't know anybody more qualified to inform us on the great work being performed on the Montreal {Western Coal and Coke #1}. While it maybe disappointing to have some rework to do, I am ecstatic that the boiler and running gear are being done right. I hate to be jubilant all by myself. How about a report on what has been done already, the world should know what a primo loco she will be when the smoke clears. Hats off to all that is making this happen.

Remember give me a call if I can help in anyway. Cheers, John.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Western Coal & Coke #1 rebuild news, how bout it Jas
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:46 pm 

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:34 pm
Posts: 966
Well what ever. I want to compliment Mid Continent for the professional way they are dealing with this rebuild. Like all restorations there are unknown set backs waiting. The more you look the more you can expect to find, this locomotive is no exception. While hindsight is 20/20, the work goes on and it is being done right. The honesty about this on the Mid Continent web page is refreshing. While set backs are not what we want to hear or read about, the more positive outcome is that the work will be done correctly. The scope of work being done is immence and the quality second to none. When the work is complete the Western Coal and Coke #1 will be better than new.

Unfortunately the progress available on the web page is a little behind, but there has been a lot of work that has already been done to the running gear that is not up to date, but the workmanship is first class. Hopefully updates are coming or maybe I didn't know where to look as I seldom go to this page. I have included a link that I find awesome from the perspective of restoration and honesty. I do not feel I am saying anything wrong here as all this is on the web and not too much interpetation, other than I know personally who is doing much of the work and their reputation speaks for itself. The honest part that I speak of is on the Blog from the manager who speaks of the steam updates. If your interested in this click on "Blog". Again hats off the the shop crew and the donors who make this happen. Cheers, John.

http://www.1385.org/shop.html


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: