It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Northwestern Motorcar/Track Inspection Cars?
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:30 am 

Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 10:45 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Atlanta
There seems to be almost no information about Northwestern Motorcars out there compared to Fairmonts or Woodings. I've posted on several NARCOA groups on yahoo but I still wasn't able to get a much information, so I thought I'd try RYPN.

I recently purchused a 1952 Northwestern motorcar model 532R its an ex-Army car will all the plagues and its original bell just in need of a restoration. I had no plans on purchasing a motorcar till I saw one on craigslist that was near my house and the rest is history... How rare are Northwestern's? Really I know nothing about them, so any information one could offer would be appreciated!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northwestern Motorcar/Track Inspection Cars?
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:23 am 

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:41 pm
Posts: 238
Location: Colfax,WI
The Colfax RR Museum received a donation of display items from a Northwestern commercial business show type display and then received a LARGE grouping of drawings for parts. We are only about 20 miles from Eau Claire, WI where they had their factory. The building is still there but has been reused.
Herb Sakalaucks

_________________
Herb Sakalaucks
Secretary/Treasurer
Colfax Railroad Museum


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northwestern Motorcar/Track Inspection Cars?
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:33 pm 

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:54 pm
Posts: 67
Location: Soquel, CA
I restored a Northwestern 535 B&B 8 man gang car some years ago and sold it. You don't see many of them around at all. They are well built cars. The NYMT restored a 1927 Northwestern "Casey Jones" car seen here http://www.nymtmuseum.org/NYMTPict1.php?Reqst=CaseyJones.jpg;Casey_Jones_Track_Car

I don't know why but there was alot more information a few years back on internet about these cars, but most all of it has disappeared.


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: