| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Northwestern Motorcar/Track Inspection Cars? https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25297 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | gtcivil [ Thu May 15, 2008 11:30 am ] |
| Post subject: | Northwestern Motorcar/Track Inspection Cars? |
There seems to be almost no information about Northwestern Motorcars out there compared to Fairmonts or Woodings. I've posted on several NARCOA groups on yahoo but I still wasn't able to get a much information, so I thought I'd try RYPN. I recently purchused a 1952 Northwestern motorcar model 532R its an ex-Army car will all the plagues and its original bell just in need of a restoration. I had no plans on purchasing a motorcar till I saw one on craigslist that was near my house and the rest is history... How rare are Northwestern's? Really I know nothing about them, so any information one could offer would be appreciated! |
|
| Author: | colfaxstation [ Fri May 16, 2008 12:23 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Northwestern Motorcar/Track Inspection Cars? |
The Colfax RR Museum received a donation of display items from a Northwestern commercial business show type display and then received a LARGE grouping of drawings for parts. We are only about 20 miles from Eau Claire, WI where they had their factory. The building is still there but has been reused. Herb Sakalaucks |
|
| Author: | Jeff Badger [ Fri May 16, 2008 4:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Northwestern Motorcar/Track Inspection Cars? |
I restored a Northwestern 535 B&B 8 man gang car some years ago and sold it. You don't see many of them around at all. They are well built cars. The NYMT restored a 1927 Northwestern "Casey Jones" car seen here http://www.nymtmuseum.org/NYMTPict1.php?Reqst=CaseyJones.jpg;Casey_Jones_Track_Car I don't know why but there was alot more information a few years back on internet about these cars, but most all of it has disappeared. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|