| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| SDERA/engraved girder rail as a fund raiser/PCC news too! https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25313 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Sloan [ Sun May 18, 2008 4:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | SDERA/engraved girder rail as a fund raiser/PCC news too! |
http://www.sdera.org/newsletters/SDERAFeb08.pdf |
|
| Author: | Bob Davis [ Mon May 19, 2008 9:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: SDERA/engraved girder rail as a fund raiser/PCC news too |
Thanks for the update; I've been wondering how the SD PCC project was coming. Interesting that the cars have been renumbered to follow the original PCC numbers (501-528). May we presume that they will be painted in a San Diego replica paint scheme? Also, will the current collectors be like the ones on the modern trolleys, or more traditional, like old European trams (and GG-1's)? |
|
| Author: | Frank Hicks [ Tue May 20, 2008 9:50 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: SDERA/engraved girder rail as a fund raiser/PCC news too |
Bob Davis wrote: Thanks for the update; I've been wondering how the SD PCC project was coming. Interesting that the cars have been renumbered to follow the original PCC numbers (501-528). May we presume that they will be painted in a San Diego replica paint scheme? Also, will the current collectors be like the ones on the modern trolleys, or more traditional, like old European trams (and GG-1's)?
The cars are already partially painted in the traditional San Diego livery; see http://world.nycsubway.org/perl/show?83518 and http://world.nycsubway.org/perl/show?83526. As for the pans, for the life of me I can't think of where I read this but I believe I recently saw that SDVT will be mounting modern half-a-graphs on the roofs of these cars like the Newark subway had done. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|