| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Kelly's Switch Railroad Society in Woodville, WI https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29428 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Boyd Owens [ Fri May 14, 2010 10:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Kelly's Switch Railroad Society in Woodville, WI |
Anyone know anything about this organization? Drove by there, but didn't have time to stop, and saw they have quite a collection of Soo Line freight and passenger equipment and a C&NW caboose. Can't find anything on line about them. |
|
| Author: | colfaxstation [ Fri May 14, 2010 11:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Kelly's Switch Railroad Society in Woodville, WI |
I'm not sure the equipment is Soo Line. Or are you referring to the museum in Colfax? We have quite a bit of Soo Line included in the 15 pieces we have. Kelly's Switch is a private group. Al Stene is the owner. Herb Sakalaucks Colfax Railroad Museum |
|
| Author: | Boyd Owens [ Sat May 15, 2010 12:16 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Kelly's Switch Railroad Society in Woodville, WI |
I saw Soo markings on a lot of the equipment. Other than the C&NW caboose, the only other marking I saw was N&N RR. Not sure what railroad that would be. I've seen your collection in Colfax a few times. Quite impressive for a small museum. By the way, did you ever get those cars from Illinois? Rockford I believe? |
|
| Author: | Les Beckman [ Sat May 15, 2010 12:38 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Kelly's Switch Railroad Society in Woodville, WI |
Boyd Owens wrote: I saw Soo markings on a lot of the equipment. Other than the C&NW caboose, the only other marking I saw was N&N RR. Not sure what railroad that would be. Boyd - There was a Nahma & Northern Railway up in the upper peninsula of Michigan, which I believe was a lumber railroad. Their 2-6-2 #5, was still on display there a good number of years ago. At the time I visited, it was still in surprisingly good condition. Not sure about it today. But that might explain those N&N reporting marks that you saw. Les |
|
| Author: | Boyd Owens [ Thu May 27, 2010 10:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Kelly's Switch Railroad Society in Woodville, WI |
Went back by there, and I'm not sure all the markings are correct, upon closer inspection, the caboose looks more like a Rock Island car. I think the N&N flat is correctly marked. It's a short steel flat that almost looks like it may have been a tender frame in a previous life. |
|
| Author: | Dennis Storzek [ Fri May 28, 2010 1:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Kelly's Switch Railroad Society in Woodville, WI |
We has some brief discussion about this place a year and a half ago, here's the link: http://server.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27048&p=122884&hilit=woodville#p122884 Someplace I have some photos taken there, but I'm not sure that I ever determined what the equipment actually was. Anyone have more photos? |
|
| Author: | wctruboat [ Fri May 28, 2010 1:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Kelly's Switch Railroad Society in Woodville, WI |
The flat car was formerly at Historyland in Hayward, WI, under a log loader. They closed in the 1980's, when they went bankrupt. |
|
| Author: | Boyd Owens [ Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Kelly's Switch Railroad Society in Woodville, WI |
I'll try to get over that way again, this time with my camera, and see if I can get some photos that maybe the equipment can be identified by. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|