| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Steve Lee Retiring https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30420 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Unseenthings [ Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Steve Lee Retiring |
Looks like the 50th aniversary run was his last. Who's replacing him, and what will they be bringing to the steam program? |
|
| Author: | Joshua K. Blay [ Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Steve Lee Retiring |
They already have a replacement. See Trainorders.com for extensive discussion, Steam Railroading section. Joshua |
|
| Author: | Unseenthings [ Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Steve Lee Retiring |
Thanks for contributing....... now for those of us without subscriptions.... I didn't get much off the first pages |
|
| Author: | jasonsobczynski [ Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Steve Lee Retiring |
I second that! |
|
| Author: | Joshua K. Blay [ Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:21 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Steve Lee Retiring |
I don't subscribe either but was unable to glean enough. Try Google also. Joshua |
|
| Author: | Wowak [ Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Steve Lee Retiring |
I don't pay for message forums. |
|
| Author: | Stationary Steam [ Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Steve Lee Retiring |
I joined Trainorders last week, and I think its worth the cost. It can't be cheap to host all that info. and photos online. |
|
| Author: | p51 [ Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Steve Lee Retiring |
Joshua K. Blay wrote: They already have a replacement. See Trainorders.com for extensive discussion, Steam Railroading section. I don’t get this. It took longer for you to type that than it would have taken to just put a name in. And why do people on pay forums assume everyone else is, too? |
|
| Author: | Frisco1522 [ Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:08 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Steve Lee Retiring |
Ed Dickens |
|
| Author: | trolleyira [ Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Steve Lee Retiring |
Ed Dickens, Jr. Also owner of the Denver & Rio Golden Railroad, the 15" gauge railroad at Heritage Square in Golden, CO. He is a real asset to the UP program. |
|
| Author: | Frisco1522 [ Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Steve Lee Retiring |
I forgot the Jr. part. Ed is definitely good people and I think the program is in very capable hands. I'll really miss Steve. He's been a very good friend to me throughout the 1522 operating era as well as a very good friend to the steam community. He worked tirelessly on the new regulations which make the "industry" a whole lot more safe and consistent. He helped me out on many occasions over the year during my CMO career. At one time he was a valued member of our Board of Directors in the SLSTA. The man is phenominal in being able to be on top of many situations at once and has a memory like a steel trap. (I do too, but mine's rusted shut.) His sense of humor is legendary and I've always enjoyed being in his company. My wish is for Steve to have a long, healthy and happy retirement. He is truly one of a kind! |
|
| Author: | Unseenthings [ Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:37 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Steve Lee Retiring |
thank-you |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|