| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Jerseu Central Lines 113 https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30453 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | m3ohwell [ Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:36 pm ] | ||
| Post subject: | Jerseu Central Lines 113 | ||
The second fire up of JCL. 0-6-0 113. Two whistles were sounded. Ed K. cp Laurel run
|
|||
| Author: | MEC_557 [ Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Jerseu Central Lines 113 |
That's a nice shot of the engine! Sounds like progress is going along well. I guess once the tests are done and appear satisfactory it will get the boiler jacketing installed? Instead of asbestos what do they use for a thermal break material these days? |
|
| Author: | m3ohwell [ Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Jerseu Central Lines 113 |
MEC_557 wrote: That's a nice shot of the engine! Sounds like progress is going along well. I guess once the tests are done and appear satisfactory it will get the boiler jacketing installed? Instead of asbestos what do they use for a thermal break material these days? I was told that she will run without the jacket for a while in case leaks appear, when she is sound Jacketing will be installed, I guess thermal break will be used, I didn't get into that conversation. Ed K. cp Laurel Run |
|
| Author: | BIG JOHN [ Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Jerseu Central Lines 113 |
In this video of the first test firing I noticed that 1 rail behind the tender was removed. Was this done to isolate the locomotive from an active rail line? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oEWQOfGl-s You can see what I'm refering to at 3min 4sec |
|
| Author: | muldow70 [ Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Jerseu Central Lines 113 |
Calcium Silicate is very popular in the power industry and would be a good candidate for a locomotive boiler. But, I can't speak to this project specifically. |
|
| Author: | Richard Glueck [ Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Jerseu Central Lines 113 |
Is she ready to move under her own power? |
|
| Author: | ozzman4 [ Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Jerseu Central Lines 113 |
Big John if you watch the video again, at 41 sec to 49 seconds is a good shot of the rail behind her, she is still attached to live rail, she is just on a siding. |
|
| Author: | m3ohwell [ Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Jerseu Central Lines 113 |
Video I made today. Ed K. cp Laurel Run http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqSjQEXiChg |
|
| Author: | BIG JOHN [ Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:04 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Jerseu Central Lines 113 |
ozzman4 I 've often heard that the first sign of old age is CRS Can't Remember Sh__ There's one before that one , and I must have it! Can't See Sh__ Thanks for the correction |
|
| Author: | wilkinsd [ Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:19 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Jerseu Central Lines 113 |
Ed, Nice photos and videos. An unofficial sponsor of this restoration was "The Blue Tarp." Back in 1986, Trains magazine ran an article about the outdoor restoration of L&N 152, and the title was "Backyard Mechanics." 113 is the successor of that mantle. Congrats to all involved. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|