| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| (Tucumcari, NM) MainStreet depot project on track https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30467 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Sloan [ Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | (Tucumcari, NM) MainStreet depot project on track |
http://www.qcsunonline.com/news/lake-87 ... depot.html |
|
| Author: | Richard Glueck [ Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: (Tucumcari, NM) MainStreet depot project on track |
I was just there and didn't see the station at all, although granted, I was driving through. There is a historical museum in town, with a nice SP bay window caboose and a badly damaged Air Force jet. Tucumcari is a town clearly delineated into a neglected half and a half struggling to get back on its feet. The I-40 bypass assaulted this town, like so many others, with the closing of Route 66. |
|
| Author: | JohnHillier [ Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: (Tucumcari, NM) MainStreet depot project on track |
I've driven through there multiple times on trips to Colorado or Florida. The name of the town is nostalgic and on arrival from driving for hours west out of Texas, I was disappointed to see the interstate clearly bypassing the town to the south. Nice to see there us a desire to hold on to the old way, and hopefully other travelers through the area will feel the same way. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|