It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Happy Thanksgiving!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:28 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:02 am
Posts: 620
Location: Albany, Georgia
...from down south where is is supposed to be 79 today, and with 19 family members expected we'll probably have to run the AC...

Anyway, wherever you live, whatever the weather, I hope all fellow RYPN'ers have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for in this great country in which we live. Occasional kinks in the rail, sure, but over time it's a pretty smooth ride.

Now, if only I could find a good job...

Happy Thanksgiving!

_________________
Stephen S. Syfrett
Albany, GA


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:28 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 6464
Location: southeastern USA
That's a LOT of Brunswick Stew.

I'm pulling shifts through the Holiday Weekend so the guys with families at home can do the traditional thing. Makes me give thanks I'll have a great reason not to get caught up in the Black Friday / travelling circle of media-driven hell.

If anybody needs a ceritifed geologist, have shovel will travel, Stephen is your go to guy. He won't self-promote being a gentleman, so I'll pitch in for him here.

Best to all.

dave

_________________
“God, the beautiful racket of it all: the sighing and hissing, the rattle and clack of the cars over the rails. These were the sounds that made America the greatest country on earth." Jonathan Evison


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:38 pm 

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:41 am
Posts: 3971
Location: Inwood, W.Va.
I'm as off topic as can be for subject matter, but right in time with the beginning of the holiday season. . .and these novelty holiday tunes are so delightful, I have to share them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgwsm6zLP2c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJAC9Zyk ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkwgu8JLaF4

My wife stumbled onto these while looking for other Christmas music. They are humorous novelty tunes, but doggone it, I consider them the most realistic holiday songs around, particularly that first one!

Happy Thanksgiving, and Happy Holidays, too.


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: