Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Researching the Edaville RR
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30491
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Ted Miles [ Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Researching the Edaville RR

Folks,
I am reaearching the Boston & Maine cars that were at one time at the Edaville Railroad.

Can you suggest a location on the Internet or a book that rosters wooden passenger cars that ran on the B&M?

Apparantly, after the 1993 auction they went to the Cape Cod Railroad. Is there any
information about that tourist railroad?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Ted Miles

Author:  Alan Maples [ Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Researching the Edaville RR

Ted Miles wrote:
Folks,
I am reaearching the Boston & Maine cars that were at one time at the Edaville Railroad. . . .Apparantly, after the 1993 auction they went to the Cape Cod Railroad. Is there any information about that tourist railroad?


Ted,

This web site, although dated, has some information about the disposition of these cars: http://capecodrails.railfan.net/. Click on "Equipment Rosters"

Alan Maples

Author:  Evan [ Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Researching the Edaville RR

The tram pictured below from Gothenburg Sweden, at the Trolley Museum of New York since 1987, used to be at Edaville. I've never seen a picture of it at Edaville. I'm curious if anyone has any photos of it there.

Image

Author:  Stephen Hussar [ Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Researching the Edaville RR

Evan, I don't have any pictures but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing it there. Seems to me this car was displayed out by the Cranberry Jct. station... Walker Trans Collection (Beverly, MA) may have an image in their archives...

Stephen

Author:  o anderson [ Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Researching the Edaville RR

There were 3 standard gauge passenger cars at Edaville, aside from the Flying Yankee. Two were ex B&M exx DL&W (Boonton style) commuter cars, a coach and a combine. Like other cars of this class, they have open ends and steel construction. The combine wound up on Martha's Vineyard, detrucked, part of a bar. The coach still sits abandoned in Sunapee NH. Not sure if it was purchased to save it or what, but it is in rough condition today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29DLVCUtUC8
The third car was a private car with an observation platform. It was numbered 777 according to one source. I remember it as a steel car, but it may have been steel-clad.

Author:  Howard P. [ Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Researching the Edaville RR

My recollection: The business car at Edaville was a B&M car, named "California" for some reason. It was an early steel car (may have had a standing-seam roof). One side of it was very badly deteriorated, as it was close to a building and water off the roof continually splashed that side of the car.

Howard P.
Hazy Memory, CT

Author:  Stephen Hussar [ Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Researching the Edaville RR

I've driven by that coach (in the youtube video) many, many times over the years and wondered what its story was. This is the first time the property around the car actually looks abandoned!

Stephen

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/