| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Sioux City RR Museum seeks Pepsi grant for renovations https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30499 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Sloan [ Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Sioux City RR Museum seeks Pepsi grant for renovations |
http://www.kcautv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13600241 |
|
| Author: | jd johnson [ Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sioux City RR Museum seeks Pepsi grant for renovations |
I wish them well. They have a great start. Too bad that they did not get their GN 1355 running. They did a great cosmetic restoration on her. I saw her on youtube today. Just look up Great Northern 1355. Several videos to see. I especially enjoyed seeing her pulled on to the turntable. JD Johnson, Morehead and North Fork Railroad Historian |
|
| Author: | mikefrommontana [ Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Sioux City RR Museum seeks Pepsi grant for renovations |
As I understand it, the group scratched plans for an operational restoration after it realized that it had nowhere to run the engine (former MILW now BNSF and former C&NW is UP. I'd give them credit for making a real hard choice and focusing their efforts and fundraising on developing their campus (one of the few railroad engine facilities preserved intact). |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|