It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Governor Christie Announces NJ Rail Museum Site
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm 

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:41 pm
Posts: 118
Location: Philadelphia Area
TRENTON NJ (AF) -- In a surprise after hours announcement, Governor Chris Chris announced plans for a long-delayed NJ State Transportation Museum. "We have a reallly big hole up in North Jersey that cost us $300 Million and a bunch of old train stuff that's been lying around the state for 20 years, so I've decided to solve two problems with one stone and create the country's first underground State railroad museum."

"My Dad was too poor to buy me a Lionel set, so I only had Tyco trains as a kid. Now I'm gonna have my own train set that I can play with whenever I want! I'm getting tired of fighting with the Teachers Unions and I want to play with a real GG-1."

"Having everything underground will help protect New Jersey's vast heritage as a place people just want to get through to get where they're really going. If this works out, I'm going to fund a museum for the Turnpike next. Who needs hospitals for poor people anyway?"

The Universal Railway and Bus Historical Society was contacted for a comment to the Governor's announcement, but they had all gone to bed by press time.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Governor Christie Announces NJ Rail Museum Site
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:07 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:51 pm
Posts: 12169
Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
You know, in order for the joke to work, it actually has to have some even remotely plausible chance of actually happening............


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Governor Christie Announces NJ Rail Museum Site
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:08 pm 

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:24 pm
Posts: 380
Walter wrote:
The Universal Railway and Bus Historical Society was contacted for a comment to the Governor's announcement, but they had all gone to bed by press time.


:-)

That's a low blow, don't you think? (Get the pun? Underground....)


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: