It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Car 57 gains Amtrak certification
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:16 am 

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:12 am
Posts: 825
Location: cheyenne
GOOD NEWS
we passed a milestone yesterday when the 124yr old car gained the right to travel the US system, sadly restricted to 85mph due to its Janney coupler adaptors.
The wood trucks were found in IKEA as flat packs and built in record time (we have a few parts left over) so we didnt have to go down the MAGLEV route after all.
Look out for us in your area soon.

Mike Pannell
Car 57


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Car 57 gains Amtrak certification
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:06 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:28 am
Posts: 2732
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Obviously the best part of this story is believing that Cheyanne has an IKEA....

_________________
David M. Wilkins

"They love him, gentlemen, and they respect him, not only for himself, for his character, for his integrity and judgment and iron will, but they love him most of all for the enemies he has made."


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Car 57 gains Amtrak certification
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:22 am 

Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:42 pm
Posts: 3013
Ikea has a website you know. :)

Meanwhile, the one and only time I visited a brick and mortar IKEA, I thought the store was an April Fools joke. You mean I have to walk through every single aisle, walking past stuff I have no interest in? That's right sir, there's only one walkway, and it goes through the entire store, weaving back and forth. That was probably 20 years ago, and I've never been back since...


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Car 57 gains Amtrak certification
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:24 pm 

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:33 am
Posts: 87
Location: Batavia, Ohio
Wow I thought the new SMP's that came out from Amtrak were going to be more restrictive! LOL!

_________________
Christopher Edwards
Batavia & Ohio Railway Services, LLC


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Car 57 gains Amtrak certification
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:34 pm 

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:46 am
Posts: 2611
Location: S.F. Bay Area
Bobharbison wrote:
Meanwhile, the one and only time I visited a brick and mortar IKEA, I thought the store was an April Fools joke. You mean I have to walk through every single aisle, walking past stuff I have no interest in? That's right sir, there's only one walkway, and it goes through the entire store, weaving back and forth. That was probably 20 years ago, and I've never been back since...

The key is spelunking. The store is riddled with secret shortcuts. Also hit it off-hours.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Car 57 gains Amtrak certification
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:47 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:51 pm
Posts: 12169
Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
No jokes here:

I was at an IKEA today (College Park, Md.) picking up an order of new, heavy furniture kits for a friend. Yes, IF you know what you're doing, there are short cuts. I can walk into any IKEA and make a bee-line right for the imported-foods mart and pick up a fresh supply of Lakerol for my wife. Oh, and chocolate-covered oatmeal wafers, too.

While I was out on the loading dock loading up the truck, a woman of, well, let's just say "foreign" extraction wheeled a baby stroller into the door that was the main exit. She, the baby and the two walking kids with her saw what was obviously not an entrance, and returned out and walked down and entered again...... into the Returns and Pick-Up entrance, the other direction from the main entrance........ I wonder if she ever figured out just where she was supposed to be entering.......


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: