| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Car 57 gains Amtrak certification https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31149 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | car57 [ Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:16 am ] |
| Post subject: | Car 57 gains Amtrak certification |
GOOD NEWS we passed a milestone yesterday when the 124yr old car gained the right to travel the US system, sadly restricted to 85mph due to its Janney coupler adaptors. The wood trucks were found in IKEA as flat packs and built in record time (we have a few parts left over) so we didnt have to go down the MAGLEV route after all. Look out for us in your area soon. Mike Pannell Car 57 |
|
| Author: | wilkinsd [ Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:06 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Car 57 gains Amtrak certification |
Obviously the best part of this story is believing that Cheyanne has an IKEA.... |
|
| Author: | Bobharbison [ Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Car 57 gains Amtrak certification |
Ikea has a website you know. :) Meanwhile, the one and only time I visited a brick and mortar IKEA, I thought the store was an April Fools joke. You mean I have to walk through every single aisle, walking past stuff I have no interest in? That's right sir, there's only one walkway, and it goes through the entire store, weaving back and forth. That was probably 20 years ago, and I've never been back since... |
|
| Author: | bory2502 [ Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Car 57 gains Amtrak certification |
Wow I thought the new SMP's that came out from Amtrak were going to be more restrictive! LOL! |
|
| Author: | robertmacdowell [ Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Car 57 gains Amtrak certification |
Bobharbison wrote: Meanwhile, the one and only time I visited a brick and mortar IKEA, I thought the store was an April Fools joke. You mean I have to walk through every single aisle, walking past stuff I have no interest in? That's right sir, there's only one walkway, and it goes through the entire store, weaving back and forth. That was probably 20 years ago, and I've never been back since... The key is spelunking. The store is riddled with secret shortcuts. Also hit it off-hours. |
|
| Author: | Alexander D. Mitchell IV [ Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Car 57 gains Amtrak certification |
No jokes here: I was at an IKEA today (College Park, Md.) picking up an order of new, heavy furniture kits for a friend. Yes, IF you know what you're doing, there are short cuts. I can walk into any IKEA and make a bee-line right for the imported-foods mart and pick up a fresh supply of Lakerol for my wife. Oh, and chocolate-covered oatmeal wafers, too. While I was out on the loading dock loading up the truck, a woman of, well, let's just say "foreign" extraction wheeled a baby stroller into the door that was the main exit. She, the baby and the two walking kids with her saw what was obviously not an entrance, and returned out and walked down and entered again...... into the Returns and Pick-Up entrance, the other direction from the main entrance........ I wonder if she ever figured out just where she was supposed to be entering....... |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|