| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Governor Christie Announces NJ Rail Museum Site https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31157 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Walter [ Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Governor Christie Announces NJ Rail Museum Site |
TRENTON NJ (AF) -- In a surprise after hours announcement, Governor Chris Chris announced plans for a long-delayed NJ State Transportation Museum. "We have a reallly big hole up in North Jersey that cost us $300 Million and a bunch of old train stuff that's been lying around the state for 20 years, so I've decided to solve two problems with one stone and create the country's first underground State railroad museum." "My Dad was too poor to buy me a Lionel set, so I only had Tyco trains as a kid. Now I'm gonna have my own train set that I can play with whenever I want! I'm getting tired of fighting with the Teachers Unions and I want to play with a real GG-1." "Having everything underground will help protect New Jersey's vast heritage as a place people just want to get through to get where they're really going. If this works out, I'm going to fund a museum for the Turnpike next. Who needs hospitals for poor people anyway?" The Universal Railway and Bus Historical Society was contacted for a comment to the Governor's announcement, but they had all gone to bed by press time. |
|
| Author: | Alexander D. Mitchell IV [ Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Governor Christie Announces NJ Rail Museum Site |
You know, in order for the joke to work, it actually has to have some even remotely plausible chance of actually happening............ |
|
| Author: | Steve Freer [ Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Governor Christie Announces NJ Rail Museum Site |
Walter wrote: The Universal Railway and Bus Historical Society was contacted for a comment to the Governor's announcement, but they had all gone to bed by press time. :-) That's a low blow, don't you think? (Get the pun? Underground....) |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|