Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Historic Diesels in Toronto
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32211
Page 1 of 1

Author:  sixaxlealco [ Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Historic Diesels in Toronto

I seem to remember a museum in Toronto had an ex-CP C-Liner. Is that locomotive still there ?

Also anyone know who owns the H-16-66 in Calgary ?

Michael Thomas

Author:  k5ahudson [ Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Historic Diesels in Toronto

sixaxlealco wrote:
I seem to remember a museum in Toronto had an ex-CP C-Liner. Is that locomotive still there ?

Also anyone know who owns the H-16-66 in Calgary ?

The only remaining CP C-Liner in Ontario is in storage at the Canada Science and Technology Museum in Ottawa out of site of the general public. Good thing too. It's a mess! It has been there as long as I can remember. There are three other ex-CP Fairbanks Morris locomotives in Alberta.
H16-66, #7009, it is (or was) owned privately by John Kenneth Burbridge I believe, but stored at the CP Ogden shops.

Author:  Richard Glueck [ Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Historic Diesels in Toronto

Correct on the C-Liners; if fact the only C-Liners in existence. I've been in the cab of the unit in Ottawa, and heavy repair and restoration work is required . The PM is intact, however. The Exporail collection in Delson (Montreal) houses the last Trainmaster (H24-66) in existence, as well as an H-16-44. The other information regarding the units in B.C. is accurate. There is also an H16-44 in B.C.

Author:  daylight4449 [ Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Historic Diesels in Toronto

According to the dieselshop.us, there's a second CPA-16 at Delson as well, and a CPB-16 in DeWinton, Alberta.

Author:  Richard Glueck [ Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Historic Diesels in Toronto

I believe that's incorrect. There are two CPA-16's and that's it. I believe there is a "B" unit in B.C.

Author:  k5ahudson [ Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Historic Diesels in Toronto

Richard is correct about the CPA-16's. One Ottawa and one in Calgary. No more.
However there is no 'B' unit in B.C.
There are TWO CFB-16's in De Winton, Alberta. No CPB-16's.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/