| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Danforth Locomotives https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32506 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Fred Probst [ Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Danforth Locomotives |
Does anyone know if there are "Build" or "Order" books for Danforth Locomotives, like the ones that are available for Baldwin Locomotives? I have just discovered that my G-G-Grandfather also purchased some Danforth Locomotives, but haven't been able to research them like I could the Baldwins. I would appreciate any information or suggestions as to where to look. Thank you, Fred Probst |
|
| Author: | Ron Travis [ Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Danforth Locomotives |
Danforth was independentdly in business from 1865-1883, although it was part of a more long-lived organization which included Cooke. Generally, you could say that the whole organization lasted from 1800 up until being absorbed by Alco in 1901. |
|
| Author: | Fred Probst [ Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Danforth Locomotives |
Ron - Thanks for that. I will conduct a search for Cooke and Alco information. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|