Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

C&O Business Car #15
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32509
Page 1 of 1

Author:  wilkinsd [ Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:21 am ]
Post subject:  C&O Business Car #15

All,

I noticed that former C&O business car #15 is for sale/trade on railswap:

http://railswap.org/cb/cl/classifieds.c ... =retrieval

It appears that quite a lot of prep work to turn the car into a PV was done, including removing the C&O installed stainless steel siding. Anybody know why the project has stopped? What kind of condition the car is in currently? Just curious, as it appears to be a unique and very nice looking PV.

Author:  big-bad-2666 [ Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: C&O Business Car #15

When the car was bought from pullman, its name was St. Nicholas. It was then sold to Pere Marquette and became Pm 1.

I got to talking with the owner and he told me that the sides were taken off and temporary sides were put on. The floor in the kitchen is all pulled up because of a water leak. The car has no heating or cooling and does not have HEP. It will also need work done on the observation deck as rust has taken over.

Author:  SZuiderveen [ Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: C&O Business Car #15

In addition, what trucks come with it? I umderstand that its original trucks went into the ill-fated NOPB Wabash tail car project.

Steve

Author:  J3a-614 [ Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: C&O Business Car #15

Hey, the 1225 group HAS to get this car. Besides being from the Pere Marquette, what would be more appropriate with a locomotive that starred in "The Polar Express" (and is numbered "12/25" to boot) than a Pullman authentically named "St. Nicholas," a/k/a Saint Nick, a/k/a Santa Clause, a/k/a Kris Kringle?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOJXyqdF ... re=related

Translation
Santa: Hello, I'm glad you came.
Girl: Oh, you are Sinterklaas!
S: But sure!
G: I knew, i knew for sure you would understand.
S: Tell me what you'd like.
G: Nothing! I have everything. I just want to be with this sweet lady.
S: Would you like to sing for me?
Song: Sinterklaas Kapoentje, throw something in my shoe, throw something in my boot, thank you Sinterklaasje

:-)

Author:  Termite7 [ Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: C&O Business Car #15

It's not the same St. Nicolas...this one is the patron saint of New York city. The original owner (kenney?) was a powerful member of Tammany Hall.

I am sure there is an amazing story to tell in there somewhere.

I hope a private owner with the proper funding gets the car so it will be well taken care of.

T7

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/