| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| The Greenbrier featured in Executive Golfer Magazine https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32513 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | wilkinsd [ Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | The Greenbrier featured in Executive Golfer Magazine |
I stumbled upon this at the American Airlines Admirals Club at O'Hare last week, the Greenbrier is featured in the current issue of Executive Golfer Magazine. Looks like Mr. Justice and company have done a lot of work to restore the luster to the former C&O-owned resort. http://www.executivegolfermagazine.com/pdfs/Greenbrier_story.pdf One of these years, I may have to visit White Sulfur Springs and visit. I have always wanted to play at Oakhurst Links, America's oldest golf course, where you still use a feather-stuffed ball, and wooden clubs: http://oakhurstlinks.com/ There is also a section about the Greenbrier Presidential Express (GBX), but I will refrain from comment at this point, especially about the alleged summer 2012 start date for the service. |
|
| Author: | co614 [ Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The Greenbrier featured in Executive Golfer Magazine |
Yes, Mr. Justice has put a tremendous amount of energy back into this fabled resort as the article shows. I'd strongly recommend a visit to anyone who can afford it as it truly is a national treasure. Glad to report that we're making progress on working through our issues with the GPE project and expect to have an announcement early in the New Year. Best wishes to all for a blessed Christmas and a healthy-rewarding 2012. Ross Rowland |
|
| Author: | wesp [ Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The Greenbrier featured in Executive Golfer Magazine |
My wife and I visited Greenbrier and took the tour of the Bunker. The Bunker and adjoining hotel are amazing spaces. I can recommend the tour, and you are not far from the C&O Historical Society site in Clifton Forge as a bonus. Wesley |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|