| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34465 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Kelly Anderson [ Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops |
. |
|
| Author: | Alexander D. Mitchell IV [ Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops |
Last I knew there were two Plymouths around Strasburg: the original Strasburg one, and the "green" one that supposedly showed up from Holtwood Dam in the 1980s (as I recall) and was supposedly converted to run on propane. Which one do we see here? |
|
| Author: | Kelly Anderson [ Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops |
. |
|
| Author: | SantaFe158 [ Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops |
Just saw the box fan sitting on top of 475's stack in this shot. Never really realized how large the stack is. Makes that fan look tiny.
|
|
| Author: | Richard Glueck [ Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops |
You guys amaze me. |
|
| Author: | AndyPullen [ Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops |
Very nice! The quality of the work that comes out of Strasburg is amazing! Andy Pullen |
|
| Author: | Wowak [ Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops |
Serious question for Kelly or anyone else in the Mechanical Department: How does the Strasburg Mechanical Department recruit/hire their crew? I'm in my early 30s and doing some genuine soul searching. Is there any sort of apprenticeship program? In my current job I could relatively easily transfer to the Lancaster area and work at the Railroad on my days off if it meant working towards actual employment. I'm a builder at heart with basic mechanical and machining skills. Unless I suddenly become qualified to be an astronaut or a race car driver, I can't think of another job I'd be satisfied doing for the rest of my life. I'm not above "paying my dues" as a car host, ticket agent, gift shop clerk, or janitor if that is what it takes. If this isn't an appropriate topic to discuss on the open forum, I can be contacted at brian(dot)wowak@gmail(dot)com. |
|
| Author: | junior [ Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops |
....you know, you guys at the SRR really need to find something to do in your spare time. ;) Excellent work, as always. |
|
| Author: | Frisco1522 [ Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops |
Thank you for the update Kelly. I really look forward to seeing these. As usual, your work is impeccable. |
|
| Author: | Kelly Anderson [ Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:40 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops |
. |
|
| Author: | Wowak [ Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:16 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops |
Well I can't just swing by, being in Tennessee, but I'm planning on visiting your humble railroad on the Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend (after riding behind #765 up the Curve on Saturday,) so maybe I'll have to ask about an application. ;) |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|