Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

A Mid-Continent Dream
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34737
Page 1 of 1

Author:  K.R. Bell [ Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:34 pm ]
Post subject:  A Mid-Continent Dream

Back in 1989 Interurban Films released an obscure VHS documentary on the history of the Mid-Continent Railway Museum from the 1960s through the 1980s. As I recall it featured some interesting color 8mm footage of early operations at North Freedom with C&NW No. 1385, W&OV No. 1 and D&R No. 9. The program was produced by Bill Warwick and narrated by Jim Neubauer. Titled (I think) "A Mid-Continent Dream," the program has been long out of production and never turns up online even after repeated searches.

If anybody can provide a digital reference copy, please PM me. Thanks much!

Author:  IC382 [ Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: A Mid-Continent Dream

I can remember when Mid-Continent fielded a roster that kept a minimum of 3 engines operational...up to 4...once upon a time in the late 80's/early 90's. I was able to ride the Saginaw Lumber #2 the year before it's boiler time ran out (at that time #2 was all that remained active). Mid-Continent used to advertise in TRAINS Magazine job openings for summer fireman...they were that active/busy.

Wow, how times changed!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/