It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:45 pm 

Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:52 am
Posts: 2477
.


Last edited by Kelly Anderson on Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:03 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:51 pm
Posts: 12168
Location: Somewhere east of Prescott, AZ along the old Santa Fe "Prescott & Eastern"
Last I knew there were two Plymouths around Strasburg: the original Strasburg one, and the "green" one that supposedly showed up from Holtwood Dam in the 1980s (as I recall) and was supposedly converted to run on propane. Which one do we see here?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:50 pm 

Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:52 am
Posts: 2477
.


Last edited by Kelly Anderson on Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:05 pm 

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:15 am
Posts: 61
Location: Detroit, MI
Just saw the box fan sitting on top of 475's stack in this shot. Never really realized how large the stack is. Makes that fan look tiny.

Image

_________________
Jake


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:15 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:26 am
Posts: 4777
Location: Maine
You guys amaze me.

_________________
"It's only impossible until it's done." -Nelson Mandela


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:09 pm 

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:27 pm
Posts: 33
Very nice! The quality of the work that comes out of Strasburg is amazing!

Andy Pullen


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:15 pm 

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:29 am
Posts: 401
Location: Scranton, PA
Serious question for Kelly or anyone else in the Mechanical Department: How does the Strasburg Mechanical Department recruit/hire their crew?

I'm in my early 30s and doing some genuine soul searching. Is there any sort of apprenticeship program? In my current job I could relatively easily transfer to the Lancaster area and work at the Railroad on my days off if it meant working towards actual employment. I'm a builder at heart with basic mechanical and machining skills. Unless I suddenly become qualified to be an astronaut or a race car driver, I can't think of another job I'd be satisfied doing for the rest of my life. I'm not above "paying my dues" as a car host, ticket agent, gift shop clerk, or janitor if that is what it takes.

If this isn't an appropriate topic to discuss on the open forum, I can be contacted at brian(dot)wowak@gmail(dot)com.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:31 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:07 am
Posts: 737
Location: Philadelphia Pa
....you know, you guys at the SRR really need to find something to do in your spare time.

;)


Excellent work, as always.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:55 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:37 pm
Posts: 1325
Location: Pacific, MO
Thank you for the update Kelly. I really look forward to seeing these.
As usual, your work is impeccable.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:40 am 

Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:52 am
Posts: 2477
.


Last edited by Kelly Anderson on Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Latest from the Strasburg Rail Road Shops
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:16 am 

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:29 am
Posts: 401
Location: Scranton, PA
Well I can't just swing by, being in Tennessee, but I'm planning on visiting your humble railroad on the Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend (after riding behind #765 up the Curve on Saturday,) so maybe I'll have to ask about an application. ;)


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: