Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Restoring historic badges
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34777
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Zak Lybrand [ Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Restoring historic badges

Hello everyone,

I recently acquired an original Dallas Railway & Terminal operator's badge off of eBay. It was noted on the auction that the enamel in the diamond logo had been damaged during storage. Now that I have it, and can look at it closely, I have been thinking about repairing the damage to help restore the original look of the badge. Does anybody have any experience doing this and can advise on such action, or know someone who could do such a repair that I may speak to? I've attached the photo to show the damage to the badge.

At this point, I am not sure that repair is the path I want to go. I'm just feeling out the waters before I make a decision.

Thank you all for your time!

Image

Author:  p51 [ Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Restoring historic badges

I had a very rare military insignia re-enameled many years ago by a jewelry place in Baltimore. You might take it around to places that can make stuff like that and explain what you have in mind...

Author:  Adam Phillips [ Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Restoring historic badges

Might send an e-mail to Scully, with the photo attached, and ask.

http://williamscully.ca/resources.php

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/