Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Carbon & Schuylkill RR Bobber Caboose #172
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38337
Page 1 of 1

Author:  BerwickRailFan [ Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Carbon & Schuylkill RR Bobber Caboose #172

Here is a photo from around 1974 of the Carroll Park and Western bobber caboose at Bloomsburg, PA. It was re-lettered and numbered #172 for the Carbon & Schuylkill Railroad for it's role in the Molly Maguires Movie. After the movie was done filming in 1968 it was left in this scheme. I'm looking for more info on this caboose and it's past. I know it was built by the PRR in Altoona around 1906. I would like to find out it's original PRR number, when it was retired and where it ended up after service with the PRR until it was acquired by the Carroll Park and Western railroad in the late 1950s or 1960. By looks of the caboose in the photo the years haven't been kind to it's paint. Eventually it ended up at the Red Caboose Motel in Strasburg around 1979 and lettered for the LIRR, currently it is painted yellow and lettered for the Southern Pacific Lines. If anyone has any other info on the Carroll Park and Western RR I'd love to hear from you for my book I am working on about it.

Attachments:
CPW-No200-1974AH.jpg
CPW-No200-1974AH.jpg [ 266.53 KiB | Viewed 4612 times ]

Author:  p51 [ Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Carbon & Schuylkill RR Bobber Caboose #200

I wonder when this was taken?
Image

Author:  BerwickRailFan [ Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Carbon & Schuylkill RR Bobber Caboose #200

I'll have to look at the slide again and see what the date is on it, but sometime around 1974, maybe 1973 if I remember correctly.

Author:  Reading T1 2124 [ Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Carbon & Schuylkill RR Bobber Caboose #172

Looks like the one pair of steps (I'll call them that because I can't think of the proper term for them) is missing on the end to the left. When did that happen?

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/