It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Carbon & Schuylkill RR Bobber Caboose #172
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:06 pm 

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:40 pm
Posts: 70
Here is a photo from around 1974 of the Carroll Park and Western bobber caboose at Bloomsburg, PA. It was re-lettered and numbered #172 for the Carbon & Schuylkill Railroad for it's role in the Molly Maguires Movie. After the movie was done filming in 1968 it was left in this scheme. I'm looking for more info on this caboose and it's past. I know it was built by the PRR in Altoona around 1906. I would like to find out it's original PRR number, when it was retired and where it ended up after service with the PRR until it was acquired by the Carroll Park and Western railroad in the late 1950s or 1960. By looks of the caboose in the photo the years haven't been kind to it's paint. Eventually it ended up at the Red Caboose Motel in Strasburg around 1979 and lettered for the LIRR, currently it is painted yellow and lettered for the Southern Pacific Lines. If anyone has any other info on the Carroll Park and Western RR I'd love to hear from you for my book I am working on about it.


Attachments:
CPW-No200-1974AH.jpg
CPW-No200-1974AH.jpg [ 266.53 KiB | Viewed 4612 times ]

_________________
Thanks,
Andrew
Berwick RailFan Photo Gallery
email me at: berwickrailfan at hotmail dot com
http://www.BerwickRailFan.com


Last edited by BerwickRailFan on Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Carbon & Schuylkill RR Bobber Caboose #200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:28 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:46 pm
Posts: 2696
Location: Pac NW, via North Florida
I wonder when this was taken?
Image

_________________
Lee Bishop
Conductor, Chehalis-Centralia Railroad & Museum


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Carbon & Schuylkill RR Bobber Caboose #200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:33 pm 

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:40 pm
Posts: 70
I'll have to look at the slide again and see what the date is on it, but sometime around 1974, maybe 1973 if I remember correctly.

_________________
Thanks,
Andrew
Berwick RailFan Photo Gallery
email me at: berwickrailfan at hotmail dot com
http://www.BerwickRailFan.com


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Carbon & Schuylkill RR Bobber Caboose #172
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:59 am 

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:45 pm
Posts: 190
Location: Boyertown, PA
Looks like the one pair of steps (I'll call them that because I can't think of the proper term for them) is missing on the end to the left. When did that happen?

_________________
"My train of thought derailed. There were no surviviors."


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: