| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| 6N Distributing Valve https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=43204 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | BSOR Patarak [ Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | 6N Distributing Valve |
I collect air brake manuals on all of the equipment on our locomotives. I prefer the paper versions. In all of the stuff I have, I can not find anything on the 6N distributing valve. I have the parts break down from Westinghouse/NYAB. I can't seem to find anything on operation or repairs. Everything I have is on the 6KR. I am curious on the differences. I assume the major item is change from brass rings to rubber diaphragms for maintenance. Are there any specific publications on the 6N? Thanks! Pat Connors CMO BSOR |
|
| Author: | EDM [ Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 6N Distributing Valve |
I have a disc that has all the maintenance info for an Army 80T GE, with an exploded drawing of the 6FNR distributing valve, including either NY or Wabco part numbers (not Federal stock numbers). Would this help? Having worked on installing 26-FNL on several units, I would like more information on the 6N, myself. (And I still have some of those 2A, 2B adaptor plates available, used for 26-FNL.) |
|
| Author: | BLRae [ Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 6N Distributing Valve |
The NYAB website has the 26NL document on it, which covers the operation of the 6N. I can't help with the repair code. Brad |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|