| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| TM55-2022 https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=43223 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Bowmore [ Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | TM55-2022 |
Has anyone got a copy that they can post so I can download it? I need it for the 23 ton switcher. Thank you in advance |
|
| Author: | PMC [ Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: TM55-2022 |
https://www.liberatedmanuals.com/TM-55-2210-223-12.pdf |
|
| Author: | Bowmore [ Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: TM55-2022 |
Thank you for the manual, but unfortunately, it is not the one I am looking for. The manual I need covers the air brake system on my 23 ton switcher. I do appreciate you taking the time to send that manual to me. |
|
| Author: | PMC [ Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: TM55-2022 |
I see, it is a different number, and I can't find the air brake manual online, sorry. |
|
| Author: | jayrod [ Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: TM55-2022 |
You have to tunnel deep into the public side of the military on the Internet for obsolete manuals. And not all have been digitized. I'll take a crack at it and see if I can find them again. If I recall, it was via referral links through four different sites. I should have bookmarked it.... Do you know the title of the document? [EDIT] I searched both the Army Publishing Directorate (https://armypubs.army.mil/ProductMaps/PubForm/TM_14_750.aspx) and the LOGSA ETM site (https://liw.logsa.army.mil/etmapp/#/etm/search) and TM 55-2022 is not listed either place. It likely isn't available online. Hopefully, someone has a copy and can scan it. |
|
| Author: | Bowmore [ Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: TM55-2022 |
The title was: Brake Equipment, Air, Railway. Thak you for your efforts |
|
| Author: | jayrod [ Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:14 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: TM55-2022 |
You might try searching WorldCat to see if a library near you has a copy. There are more than I thought out there in university libraries. |
|
| Author: | PMC [ Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: TM55-2022 |
I found this reference which lists a number of libraries that have the manual, you can request it through interlibrary loan: https://www.worldcat.org/title/brake-eq ... c/48567132 Coincidentally I also found another manual for this unit: http://www.prrh.org/downloads/ge-25ton.pdf |
|
| Author: | Bowmore [ Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: TM55-2022 |
I think I have it figured out. The problem is that the original 14E1 dual valve is replaced by an SA-2 and an SA-9 valve Why I have no idea. I have the original piping diagram, and will have to figure out how the air system was modified. I have manuals for both of the air valves. My assumption is that the SA-2 was where the 14E1 valve was. I can use the engine valve as is, as a straight air valve for the engine brakes. Here is my assumption, please correct me if it is wrong. I can use the engine valve as is, as straight air I can reverse the function of the train valve by sending air to release the brakes, then exhausting the air to stop the cars |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|