Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

EMD E/F unit roll down cab windows
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=43232
Page 1 of 1

Author:  snm1291 [ Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:32 am ]
Post subject:  EMD E/F unit roll down cab windows

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is any cross reference available for EMD part numbers to GM automotive part numbers.

I'm looking into restoring the roll down cupola windows in my 1958 Great Northern caboose X-7. These windows are the same as those used on EMD E/F units.

I found reference to the EMD numbers (attached) on a GN blueprint and found most of them in EMD parts catalog #90. There is however no cross reference to the GM automotive parts numbers.

Does anyone know if a cross reference like that exists, or does anyone know what exact car model and year these roll down sash parts came off. I've seen reference to 1940-1941 Buick models but an eBay search turned up parts for a 1937-1939 Buick that look very similar also.

Any help will be appreciated.

Ben

Attachments:
File comment: Roll down window half way down
Schermafbeelding 2019-04-09 om 15.26.47.png
Schermafbeelding 2019-04-09 om 15.26.47.png [ 245.48 KiB | Viewed 3017 times ]
File comment: List off GN blueprint
28606_8_small.JPG
28606_8_small.JPG [ 255.68 KiB | Viewed 3017 times ]

Author:  crij [ Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: EMD E/F unit roll down cab windows

Most likely they would have been current production when they were installed, so I would suggest looking at the same year(s) as that group of cabeese were built. Most likely it also would have been the heavier duty truck/bus version, not light duty automotive.

Rich C.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/