Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

AOS CORR
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45636
Page 1 of 1

Author:  R.L.Kennedy [ Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:07 pm ]
Post subject:  AOS CORR

Does Age of Steam and/or Central Ohio RR have working diesels for off-site operation?
Have they operated (pre-Covid) any excursions recent years?

Author:  jayrod [ Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AOS CORR

AOSRM has quite a few diesels in their collection. See https://www.ageofsteamroundhouse.org/our-collection/ and scroll down. They’re sorted by manufacturer. They haven’t run anything out on the OC (G&W) for quite a while that I know of and nothing is in their schedule. I do believe they are focusing primarily on their collection. They do have public tours now.

Author:  R.L.Kennedy [ Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AOS CORR

I am particularly interested in AOSX 1800 Central Ohio RR 1800 ex OHCR 1800 an RS-18.

Author:  Steamguy73 [ Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AOS CORR

I believe the main reason for the lack of excursions according to them a few years back pertains to G&W being afraid of insurance costs.

They’ve got the coaching stock and several almost ready to run locomotives (both currently in and out of service), but not much on that front in terms of excursions in the near future

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/