| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Latest New on 1361 https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46069 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | PRR8063 [ Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Latest New on 1361 |
Railroaders Memorial Museum (read: FMW Solution's 1361 group) posted this video Youtube earlier this week - less of an update, more of a 'hype video'. I was waiting for FMW to post it here, but given it's been a few days, I figure I would post before it falls through the cracks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeQNVCFj31k |
|
| Author: | GTW Dude [ Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Latest New on 1361 |
If they wanted to really get your blood in adrenaline pumping they succeeded with that opening. Great to see how FMW is working with the museum on the locomotive. Here’s to hoping it won’t be too long before 1361 is back. |
|
| Author: | Richard Glueck [ Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Latest New on 1361 |
Give them credit, repairs are underway. |
|
| Author: | Rob Gardner [ Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:06 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Latest New on 1361 |
Yes, work and fundraising is well underway. I was in Altoona Tuesday to look at other work and was able to get a peak inside as part of the work I was looking at. The mudring is the only part of the firebox left on the boiler. The firebox has been dismantled. I think by spring, maybe summer, we will all see a totally different boiler and firebox. Rob Gardner |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|