| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Number and Builder's plate Auction on Ebay https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5409 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | T.J. Gaffney [ Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Number and Builder's plate Auction on Ebay |
Anybody have any background on these number and builder plates from Pacific Coast NG? Is this engine still around? TJG Pacific Coast NG #106 tjgaffney@phmuseum.org |
|
| Author: | Marty Knox [ Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Number and Builder's plate Auction on Ebay |
> Anybody have any background on these number > and builder plates from Pacific Coast NG? Is > this engine still around? > TJG According to Gerald Best's book, "Ships and Narrow Gauge Rails", Pacific Coast No. 106 was destroyed by a fire August 10, 1938. Martyhuck@aol.com |
|
| Author: | CHARLIE HOPKINS [ Fri Mar 21, 2003 12:17 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Number and Builder's plate Auction on Ebay |
> According to Gerald Best's book, "Ships > and Narrow Gauge Rails", Pacific Coast > No. 106 was destroyed by a fire August 10, > 1938. HELLO.......... PC RR ENGINE NO.106 MET ITS FIERY END NEAR LOS ALAMOS WHEN HIT BY A GASOLINE TRUCK ON AUGUST 10, 1938........THE LOCOMOTIVE WAS SOLD FOR SCRAP........THE TANK TRUCK WAS LOADED WITH 5000 GALLONS OF GASOLINE..... CHARLIE HOPKINS TWINCOACH@AOL.COM |
|
| Author: | Ron Muldowney [ Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Number and Builder's plate Auction on Ebay |
I have the builder's plate from PC #110 in my personal collection. I would love to have this set in my collection, but the pricing is much more than I can afford or justify for the set. They sure look good though!!! Also, T.J., I am still enjoying the photo that you took of me on the back of the Ohio Central caboose in October. I only wish that I could have worked the whole weekend!!! steamfan@crusoe.net |
|
| Author: | T.J. Gaffney [ Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Number and Builder's plate Auction on Ebay *PIC* |
> I have the builder's plate from PC #110 in > my personal collection. I would love to have > this set in my collection, but the pricing > is much more than I can afford or justify > for the set. They sure look good though!!! > Also, T.J., I am still enjoying the photo > that you took of me on the back of the Ohio > Central caboose in October. I only wish that > I could have worked the whole weekend!!! Ron- Don't thank me, thank Jason for putting it on the website! I just began to realize that that view from the rear has become almost as rare as a 6300 on the front! By the way, have you heard any news on what special trips are coming up this year? TJ Port Huron Museum ![]() tjgaffney@phmuseum.org |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|