| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Woodburner at Fillmore? https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5412 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Bob Yarger [ Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Woodburner at Fillmore? |
This newspiece for the Fillmore & Western in Cal. is written with the usual hokum, but I note it speaks of a woodburning steam locomotive. As they just sent GW 51 back to Colorado (it burned oil out there anyway), I suspect they might be talking about the ancient Porter 0-4-0T originally from the Rouge River line in Oregon. It is operable still? http://u.sbsun.com/Stories/0,1413,216%257E24290%257E1255015,00.html ryarger@rypn.org |
|
| Author: | Richard Jenkins [ Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Woodburner at Fillmore? |
They're also working on former Duluth & Northeastern 2-8-0 no. 14 out there, but I have no idea how close she is to being operable. She's a coal burner, but I'm not sure if they plan to convert her to oil (or wood?) as part of the restoration. rjenkins@railfan.net |
|
| Author: | Michael [ Fri Mar 21, 2003 4:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Woodburner at Fillmore? |
Yes the locomotive is still operable I helped move it a number of years ago when it left the Saugus/Castaic area They use it for special events, but it does not usually pull any cars. |
|
| Author: | Casey Carlson [ Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Woodburner at Fillmore? |
The little 0-4-0 ran here in Cottage Grove for many years on the J.H. Chambers railroad and was always called the Dinkey. My Great-Grandpa ran it early on in his railroading career, although I don't think it was used much after larger engines came around. kendepot@att.net |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|