It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Looking for a Budd Company Book by Wayner
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:04 am 

I'm in the process of cataloguing the RR Museum of PA's collection of Budd Company negatives and am trying to gather resource materials to aid in identification of the images. Specifically, does anyone know the title, author and year of publication of the Budd Company passenger car list book published by Wayner Publications in the 1960s/1970s? I've had difficulty finding it on the web, and am seeking a photocopy version. I already have the Kerr book on Budd photography, and the R&LHS Budd builder's list as alternative sources. Thanks to all who might be able to help.

http://rrmuseumpa.org
kubell@state.pa.us


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking for a Budd Company Book by Wayner
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:07 am 

> I'm in the process of cataloguing the RR
> Museum of PA's collection of Budd Company
> negatives and am trying to gather resource
> materials to aid in identification of the
> images. Specifically, does anyone know the
> title, author and year of publication of the
> Budd Company passenger car list book
> published by Wayner Publications in the
> 1960s/1970s? I've had difficulty finding it
> on the web, and am seeking a photocopy
> version. I already have the Kerr book on
> Budd photography, and the R&LHS Budd
> builder's list as alternative sources.
> Thanks to all who might be able to help.

Boy, I don't remember one from the late 60s or the 1970s. That was about the time that I was getting interested in passenger cars, etc.

In 1972 Wayner came out with "Car Names Number and Consists" which was a reissue/expansion of an earlier book.

In the early 1980s W. David Randall prepared (and RPC Publications published) a three volume work listing order numbers, car numbers and dispositions of lightweight cars.

Brian Norden

bnorden49@earthlink.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking for a Budd Company Book by Wayner
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:55 pm 

I'm with Brian on this; I don't recall a Wayner on Budd cars, but he did do a book on all US lightweight cars just before Amtrak came in. This would not include Budd Canadian or overseas sales.

Wayner, Robert J. editor; Car Names, Numbers & Consists ; © 1972 Wayner Publications.

Electric City Trolley Museum Association


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking for a Budd Company Book by Wayner
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:12 pm 

Thanks, Brian and Phil. Yes, I finally nailed down the book in question--I was looking for STREAMLINER CARS - Vol. 2 - The Budd Company by W. David Randall, published in 1981 by RPC Publications.

K.R. Bell

> Boy, I don't remember one from the late 60s
> or the 1970s. That was about the time that I
> was getting interested in passenger cars,
> etc.

> In 1972 Wayner came out with "Car Names
> Number and Consists" which was a
> reissue/expansion of an earlier book.

> In the early 1980s W. David Randall prepared
> (and RPC Publications published) a three
> volume work listing order numbers, car
> numbers and dispositions of lightweight
> cars.

> Brian Norden


http://rrmuseumpa.org
kubell@state.pa.us


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: