| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Looking for a Budd Company Book by Wayner https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6005 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | K.R. Bell [ Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:04 am ] |
| Post subject: | Looking for a Budd Company Book by Wayner |
I'm in the process of cataloguing the RR Museum of PA's collection of Budd Company negatives and am trying to gather resource materials to aid in identification of the images. Specifically, does anyone know the title, author and year of publication of the Budd Company passenger car list book published by Wayner Publications in the 1960s/1970s? I've had difficulty finding it on the web, and am seeking a photocopy version. I already have the Kerr book on Budd photography, and the R&LHS Budd builder's list as alternative sources. Thanks to all who might be able to help. http://rrmuseumpa.org kubell@state.pa.us |
|
| Author: | Brian Norden [ Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looking for a Budd Company Book by Wayner |
> I'm in the process of cataloguing the RR > Museum of PA's collection of Budd Company > negatives and am trying to gather resource > materials to aid in identification of the > images. Specifically, does anyone know the > title, author and year of publication of the > Budd Company passenger car list book > published by Wayner Publications in the > 1960s/1970s? I've had difficulty finding it > on the web, and am seeking a photocopy > version. I already have the Kerr book on > Budd photography, and the R&LHS Budd > builder's list as alternative sources. > Thanks to all who might be able to help. Boy, I don't remember one from the late 60s or the 1970s. That was about the time that I was getting interested in passenger cars, etc. In 1972 Wayner came out with "Car Names Number and Consists" which was a reissue/expansion of an earlier book. In the early 1980s W. David Randall prepared (and RPC Publications published) a three volume work listing order numbers, car numbers and dispositions of lightweight cars. Brian Norden bnorden49@earthlink.net |
|
| Author: | Phil Mulligan [ Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looking for a Budd Company Book by Wayner |
I'm with Brian on this; I don't recall a Wayner on Budd cars, but he did do a book on all US lightweight cars just before Amtrak came in. This would not include Budd Canadian or overseas sales. Wayner, Robert J. editor; Car Names, Numbers & Consists ; © 1972 Wayner Publications. Electric City Trolley Museum Association |
|
| Author: | K.R. Bell [ Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Looking for a Budd Company Book by Wayner |
Thanks, Brian and Phil. Yes, I finally nailed down the book in question--I was looking for STREAMLINER CARS - Vol. 2 - The Budd Company by W. David Randall, published in 1981 by RPC Publications. K.R. Bell > Boy, I don't remember one from the late 60s > or the 1970s. That was about the time that I > was getting interested in passenger cars, > etc. > In 1972 Wayner came out with "Car Names > Number and Consists" which was a > reissue/expansion of an earlier book. > In the early 1980s W. David Randall prepared > (and RPC Publications published) a three > volume work listing order numbers, car > numbers and dispositions of lightweight > cars. > Brian Norden http://rrmuseumpa.org kubell@state.pa.us |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|