| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| did I miss something somewhere???? https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6074 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | sc 'doc' lewis [ Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:08 am ] |
| Post subject: | did I miss something somewhere???? |
came across this on (whereelse?) eBay. I'll admit with only 4-5 years of doing this, I am far from experienced--but I haven't heard any of the 'old hats' describe what they would listen for in the lubricators to know if they were functioning or not. hope it sets a smile on your face for the next few hours.... "Blowin' yer lubers" utweyesguy@aol.com |
|
| Author: | Finderskeepers [ Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:25 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: did I miss something somewhere???? |
thanks for the laughs, I can't believe some folks, reminds me of the one person on ebay who was selling a safety valve who said it had a beautiful tone. > came across this on (whereelse?) eBay. I'll > admit with only 4-5 years of doing this, I > am far from experienced--but I haven't heard > any of the 'old hats' describe what they > would listen for in the lubricators to know > if they were functioning or not. > hope it sets a smile on your face for the > next few hours.... 2816 shots on trainorders.com |
|
| Author: | Allen [ Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:43 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: did I miss something somewhere???? |
I haven't decided whether the sellers really are cluesless, or they are cynically hoping that the buyers are. In this case though, I'd really hate to be responsible when some idiot actually tried it and got hit in the face with flying glass. |
|
| Author: | Robert Niblick [ Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:51 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: did I miss something somewhere???? |
> thanks for the laughs, I can't believe some > folks, reminds me of the one person on ebay > who was selling a safety valve who said it > had a beautiful tone. I would think that any sound a "Safety valve" makes would be beautiful! At least you know it's working. The ones that don't would worry me!! Bob rrnut@prodigy.net |
|
| Author: | ge13031 [ Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:03 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: did I miss something somewhere???? |
That looks like the chain "lubers" on our Plymouth ...have to find a place to hook air to 'em and listen for that mellow sound! lamontdc@adelphia.net |
|
| Author: | Ray Dewley [ Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: did I miss something somewhere???? |
Maybe its the railroad equivalent of listening to a sea shell. You don't have to stand as close when pressurized..... The question is begged, which sound does it generate???? |
|
| Author: | Charles T. McCullough [ Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: did I miss something somewhere???? |
> Maybe its the railroad equivalent of > listening to a sea shell. You don't have to > stand as close when pressurized..... > The question is begged, which sound does it > generate???? Answer: Ca-ching! the sound of a Cash Register. |
|
| Author: | Hugh Odom [ Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: did I miss something somewhere???? |
Hey! I bought a steam locomotive lubricator from this guy last month. It's a big brass cylinder with "Nathan" stamped on it and a handle on the side. The oil keeps running out of these holes in it. I think it must be defective! :-) whodom2001@yahoo.com |
|
| Author: | sc 'doc' lewis [ Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: did I miss something somewhere???? |
> Hey! I bought a steam locomotive lubricator > from this guy last month. It's a big brass > cylinder with "Nathan" stamped on > it and a handle on the side. The oil keeps > running out of these holes in it. I think it > must be defective! :-) Hugh- a handle on the side??? you got the kind that requires a monkey with a tin cup as you crank the handle.... ;-) doc Heber Valley Railroad utweyesguy@aol.com |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|