Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Louisiana Eastern
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6176
Page 1 of 1

Author:  BILL [ Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Louisiana Eastern

Without starting another "engines that got away" thread (hopefully!!!), does anyone have a list of the 30 or so steam locomotives that Mr. Spence had obtained for use on his railroad. I seem to recall one published somewhere years ago, but searching the net has come up empty so far.

drotarinoh@webtv.net

Author:  Russell Underwood [ Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Louisiana Eastern

I seem to recall one
> published somewhere years ago, but searching
> the net has come up empty so far.

My ALL TIME INDEX lists these magazines:

RR Feb 61, p61
RR Apr 63, p35
RR Jun 68, p50
RR Jul 73, p58


NFDRwy@Cox.net

Author:  Brian Norden [ Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Louisiana Eastern

Another possible source is a TRAINS magazine article. This is from the index available through the Klambach website:

"The strange story of Mr. Spence and his steam engines"
Trains, March 1963 page 45
Gulf Sand & Gravel; preserved steam locomotives

I have not pulled my copy of this issue. But, I recall an issue with photos of many individual locomotives.

Brian Norden

PS see the link below -- don't let the name fool you both model and prototype articles are indexed

The Model Train Magazine Index
bnorden49@earthlink.net

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/