| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Nice photo from Portland, OR https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6181 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Stephen Hussar [ Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Nice photo from Portland, OR |
Found this on Trainorders. At first I thought the kid in the picture was holding something, then I started to think he might be applauding. If it were me, I know I'd be applauding. Anyway it's a nice photo in many respects! Thanks to "oktrainboys" for capturing the moment (sorry I don't know your real name). http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/download.php/10,1729/4449700lineup.jpg SJHussar@aol.com |
|
| Author: | ge13031 [ Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: bike path/rail |
There are also some shots of the steamers taken from the bike path running alongside the track ... for those that had questions along these lines a while back ... the path is separated from the track by a rather low chain link fence. One shot shows the bikers wreathed in exhaust and probably some lube oil... at least it should keep their chains from rusting. lamontdc@adelphia.net |
|
| Author: | Jim Fitzgerald [ Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: bike path/rail |
>OKtrainboys consists of Mike Morgan, and his son Tanner, age 5, featured in that photo. Mike and Tanner journeyed from OKC to PDX for that shot along with a lot of others. Great weekend. What a way to open a "Rails to trails" site with two 4-8-4's pounding alongside the bike trail. It was good for the restoration community and good for the general public. Great turnout, all rides were sold out. ORHF Site fitzrr@pioneer.net |
|
| Author: | Stephen Hussar [ Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:02 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: bike path/rail |
Jim, thanks for the ID's. I wonder if Tanner has ANY interest in Thomas the Tank Engine after being in the presence of such "greatness" ? :-) SJHussar@aol.com |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|