Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

WW&F Museum Quarterly Update *PIC*
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6199
Page 1 of 1

Author:  James C Patten [ Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:13 am ]
Post subject:  WW&F Museum Quarterly Update *PIC*

All,

The WW&F Railway Museum's quarterly progress update is now available on the website. The photo for the quarter isn't the greatest, hopefully there's a good one on my two rolls of film waiting development.

In addition I've made a few minor changes elsewhere on the site.

WW&F Railway Museum
Image

Author:  Ted Miles [ Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WW&F Museum Quarterly Update

James,

Glad to hear that the work is progressing!

With the steam engine out of service are there rides being given with the Diesel #52?

That water tank will be a needed addition to the facilities!

Ted Miles

ted_miles@nps.gov

Author:  Stephen Hussar [ Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WW&F Museum Quarterly Update

James,
I've always loved that photo and wished I could have been there to see it. It's every history buff's dream.

Also, I thought I heard someone say that the location of the water tank may be across from the section house, near the yard lead. Is that the plan? And are there any pieces of the original Head Tide structure which can be incorporated into the new one? I know the ruins of it are still there, but I've never seen it.



SJHussar@aol.com

Author:  John McNamara [ Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WW&F Museum Quarterly Update

> With the steam engine out of service are
> there rides being given with the Diesel #52?

> Ted Miles

Ted,

Yes, #52 is powering all rides, which are running according to the usual schedule - every 45 minutes from 10 am through 4:45 pm on Saturdays and at the same times on Sundays through Columbus Day weekend.

-John

WW&F Railway Museum
mcnamara@theworld.com

Author:  James C Patten [ Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WW&F Museum Quarterly Update

> I've always loved that photo and wished I
> could have been there to see it. It's every
> history buff's dream.

I'm lucky to have gotten that photo, as the day they came it rained cats and dogs the whole day. The picture didn't look so hot in color but it looks really nice in B&W (if I may say so myself).

> Also, I thought I heard someone say that the
> location of the water tank may be across
> from the section house, near the yard lead.
> Is that the plan? And are there any pieces
> of the original Head Tide structure which
> can be incorporated into the new one? I know
> the ruins of it are still there, but I've
> never seen it.

Yes, the water tank will be generally across from the section house. We have a large pipe from the old tank which we may use in the new one (I think it feeds the spout). You have to hike quite aways upriver to find the ruins.


WW&F Railway Museum

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/