Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

GN 2507 move
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6237
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Bob Yarger [ Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:12 pm ]
Post subject:  GN 2507 move

Looks like the move of Great Northern 4-8-2 2507 has been completed, at least the rail part. See below.

http://www.railroadnews.net/news/7-9.html
ryarger@rypn.org

Author:  Bob Yarger [ Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GN 2507 move

Checking Flimsies, I note it has already been mentioned (been away from computer for three days), but Altamont Press link has a photo. Anyone know where this engine was last used on the GN before retirement?

> Looks like the move of Great Northern 4-8-2
> 2507 has been completed, at least the rail
> part. See below.


ryarger@rypn.org

Author:  Richard [ Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GN 2507 move

I read the link. Why must they always say, "It's final resting place."? I would prefer to perceive it as a temporary public viewing area.
Let no steam loco go un-restored.

glueck@maine.edu

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/