It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Woodrow Gorman and Blackhawk Films
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:39 pm 

Who was Woodrow Gorman? Were railroad films his specialty? I've seen a few he did on the WP&Y, RGS, and D&RGW.
What happened to the Blackhawk Film collection, especially the railroad ones? A few were released on VHS video about 12 years ago or so.


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Woodrow Gorman and Blackhawk Films
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:27 am 

> Who was Woodrow Gorman? Were railroad films
> his specialty? I've seen a few he did on the
> WP&Y, RGS, and D&RGW.
> What happened to the Blackhawk Film
> collection, especially the railroad ones? A
> few were released on VHS video about 12
> years ago or so.
When I was a kid the conversion from silent to sound motion pictures was occurring. I obtained a 32mm film of Helen Holmes in "The Wild Engine." Much later I contacted Blackhawk Films to find that they were interested in any of the old railroad serial episodes to copy them onto 8mm film before the old nitrate film disintegrated. They had a considerable collection of such serials. I have since copied the film onto video tape. I hope Blackhawk's collection was saved by someone, because it is not only entertaining, but shows vintage railroad equipment.

frankree@verizon.net


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: