Railway Preservation News
https://www.rypn.org/forums/

Woodrow Gorman and Blackhawk Films
https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6277
Page 1 of 1

Author:  George Kaplan [ Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Woodrow Gorman and Blackhawk Films

Who was Woodrow Gorman? Were railroad films his specialty? I've seen a few he did on the WP&Y, RGS, and D&RGW.
What happened to the Blackhawk Film collection, especially the railroad ones? A few were released on VHS video about 12 years ago or so.

Author:  F, Reese [ Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Woodrow Gorman and Blackhawk Films

> Who was Woodrow Gorman? Were railroad films
> his specialty? I've seen a few he did on the
> WP&Y, RGS, and D&RGW.
> What happened to the Blackhawk Film
> collection, especially the railroad ones? A
> few were released on VHS video about 12
> years ago or so.
When I was a kid the conversion from silent to sound motion pictures was occurring. I obtained a 32mm film of Helen Holmes in "The Wild Engine." Much later I contacted Blackhawk Films to find that they were interested in any of the old railroad serial episodes to copy them onto 8mm film before the old nitrate film disintegrated. They had a considerable collection of such serials. I have since copied the film onto video tape. I hope Blackhawk's collection was saved by someone, because it is not only entertaining, but shows vintage railroad equipment.

frankree@verizon.net

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/