| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Golden Pacific - Who are these people? https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6322 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Jeff Terry [ Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:06 am ] |
| Post subject: | Golden Pacific - Who are these people? |
Did I miss something? Has Reading 2100 been sold? www.gprr.org It would appear from the web site that they have purchased the 2100 or want to do so. Anyone have additional information? Jeff Terry jterry618@msn.com |
|
| Author: | Smokebox [ Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | RDG 2100 to Oregon? |
I do notice that the GPRR has greatly changed thier website in the last few days. There was a published schedule of the 2100 running cross country from Detroit(? yes, THAT one) to Astoria, OR, in 2004. The guys at the Brooklyn Roundhouse don't seem to know anything about this effort. And trust me, Doyle has no interest in a T-1! Smokebox > Did I miss something? Has Reading 2100 been > sold? > www.gprr.org > It would appear from the web site that they > have purchased the 2100 or want to do so. > Anyone have additional information? > Jeff Terry "orhf dot org" |
|
| Author: | Wowak [ Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Golden Pacific - Who are these people? |
> Did I miss something? Last I heard, Jeff, that deal fell through some time last year. Although it could have potentially been re-heated, it sure sounded like someone who didn't know what they were getting into buying a steam engine. |
|
| Author: | Jim [ Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Golden Pacific - Who are these people? |
>Not only that the Class 1 that would have had to handle the alleged trip of last year never heard of these folks. jimhollis612@charter.net |
|
| Author: | John Craft [ Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:56 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Golden Pacific - Who are these people? |
> Did I miss something? Has Reading 2100 been > sold? > www.gprr.org > It would appear from the web site that they > have purchased the 2100 or want to do so. > Anyone have additional information? There was a thread on trainorders a couple of weeks ago right after the site went live. (Link below.) I first saw the cross-country 2100 schedule several months ago, and I think it was for a different date. And the web site also implied ownership of a lot of streamlined cars and two Fs in CNR paint - that's now gone too. But it must be true, right? I mean no one would put something false on the net, right? This one reminds me a little of the "plan" back in the early 80s to doublehead ex-T&P 4-6-0 316 and 2-10-4 610 around Texas. Someone who hadn't contacted the locomotives' owners and hadn't contacted the railroads put out a detailed schedule. Draw your own conclusions. JAC GPRR Thread at TrainOrders |
|
| Author: | Bob H [ Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:51 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: RDG 2100 to Oregon? |
Not only that, they claim to be a 501c3 tax exempt organization, but I looked for them Guidestar and drew a blank, where as most rebutable 501c3's (i.e. those that file their 990's on a current basis) are listed.... While they good be a d.b.a. -- I have my doubts. Bob H > I do notice that the GPRR has greatly > changed thier website in the last few days. > There was a published schedule of the 2100 > running cross country from Detroit(? yes, > THAT one) to Astoria, OR, in 2004. > The guys at the Brooklyn Roundhouse don't > seem to know anything about this effort. > And trust me, Doyle has no interest in a > T-1! > Smokebox Heavenrich@yahoo.com |
|
| Author: | Jim [ Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Golden Pacific - Who are these people? |
>And the next thing you know, someone is liable to start up the Big Boy movie rumors again. jimhollis612@charter.net |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|