| Railway Preservation News https://www.rypn.org/forums/ |
|
| Old Dallas streetcars https://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6379 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Bob Yarger [ Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Old Dallas streetcars |
Photo of two derelict Dallas streetcar bodies, taken in 1999. http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cgi?december02/12-22-02/DallasRy+Trm-StreetCarsAtAlvaradoTX5-99PeteCharltonDRColl1.jpg ryarger@rypn.org |
|
| Author: | Andy Nold [ Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Old Dallas streetcars |
> Photo of two derelict Dallas streetcar > bodies, taken in 1999. 400-series Stone & Webster standards similar to 434 at Seashore trolley museum. The cars were built into a house and exposed when the house was demolished to wide Hwy 67 just southwest of I-35 near Alvarado. The car on the left of the picture has a substantial length of its side removed. The steam engine group in Cleburne took the cars for whatever reason. Someone beat them to it and stripped the window sash out. Cleburne had interurban service but never streetcars like this. I suppose it was a group reaching outside its purpose and collecting anything they could find. I remember a flimsy from the time stating that the car weighed arounf 430,000 tons or some similarly ridiculous weight. Last I heard, they were sitting on John Percifield's ranch. tnold@northtexastransport.org |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|