It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Great Smoky Mtns. 1702
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:19 pm 

Anyone heard when 2-8-0 1702 will be running again on the Great Smoky Mountains Railway? Has any work at all been done on 722 this year?

wink638@aol.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Great Smoky Mtns. 1702
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:37 pm 

I think they're aiming for their railroad festival weekend Sept. 12-14. We're supposed to pose the 1925 and 1702 nose to nose for a Southern Fried "champaign photo" at Bryson City the afternoon of the 13th.

As for 722... haven't been up there in months so I have no idea... I guess we'll find out in about six weeks!

http://nctrans.org
Wrinnbo@aol.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Great Smoky Mtns. 1702
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:06 pm 

> I think they're aiming for their railroad
> festival weekend Sept. 12-14. We're supposed
> to pose the 1925 and 1702 nose to nose for a
> Southern Fried "champaign photo"
> at Bryson City the afternoon of the 13th.

> As for 722... haven't been up there in
> months so I have no idea... I guess we'll
> find out in about six weeks!
Does anyone know why the bearings failed? Did they used what timken advised or something else. I think a lot of us shop people would like to know. regards bb.

staybolt2@netscape.net


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: